RSS

Friday, September 19, 2008

I can be calme now with this sign posted.


I finally gave in to my urge and purchased one of these prints, Keep Calm and Carry On. It's a reprint of a sign that was published during the World World II in England. The poster was held in reserve for use only in times of extreme crisis. Although thousands were produced, only a handful ever saw the light of day. Well, now it seems like they are seeing tons of light for the past years as it has become quite the popular print in households.

I scoffed when I saw that it was selling for $22.50 {in pounds!} which breaks down to roughly $44 in US currency at Keep Calm and Carry On website. Serious? So, I search and search which really didn't take me that long and found that they sell reprints of them {in better colors, nonetheless} on Etsy. Yay, etsy saves the day--again!

I purchased mine's through SFGIRLBYBAY etsy page. There are other sellers on Etsy that sells the print. I decided to go with her because she sells the print in a chocolate brown. Surprised on the color?

I plan on hanging this in our guest bathroom downstairs. So when they pee, they can keep calm and just carry on. Heh. Cheesy, I know, but that's how I roll.

No comments: