RSS

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Don't Stop Believing....


This Saturday a bunch of my friends, along with our lovely spouses are going to see Journey in concert sans the 80's gear. The opening act is Heart and Cheap Trick. So, this should be a fun and interesting concert to see.

I have to admit that one of the reasons why I {personally} decided to go is because of Journey's new singer, Arnel Pineda. Being a Filipino American, I'm always proud when it comes to Filipino's making it big in the mainstream circuit.

He was found by the band while perusing You Tube. How crazy is that? To some incredibly faithful Journey fans, he may not sound like Steve Perry, but gosh darnet, he sounds pretty dam close to him, that's for sure! Click here to view the you tube snippet of him and the band performing one of the most wonderful songs, Faithfully, on the Ellen show.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's funny. One of the registry nurses came up to me and asked me if I knew which group had a new lead singer that was Filipino.

I knew he thought I was Filipino and that's why he was asking me, but I really didn't know the answer. One of my other RT friends told me the answer. Weird that you posted it...hehe..