RSS

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My Days Off are Coming to an End.




The hardest part about having 7 days off, is getting motivated to go back to work. Really, it's tough. But, I'm glad that I got to see the Obama's Inauguration during my days off. I cried. I laughed. I smiled. I felt proud to be an American. Loved the choices of outfits that the First Lady chose. I don't care what others think, I absolutely loved her choice of ball dress. It was very romantic and just whimsical. It was very appropriate for yesterday's magical evening.

Feeling motivated, I'm going to make a hearty stew for dinner tonight before I head off to work for the next 4 nights.

I had to make a meat sauce that literally had to cook, on low, for 2 hours. The good thing is that you can make 4 different dinners with this sauce. Un-freakin-believable!



My black mary jane wedges arrived today! I've been looking for an everyday shoe that I can wear. I wish I could sport the flats, but I just feel so frumpy in them. Everytime I wear them, I wish I was super tall. My pant length are just not meant for them. I suppose, I could wear boots, but honestly, I am just not feeling the whole, "pulling it off with a look of gotta take a shiz." You feel me?

I got them at Solestruck.com. It was my first time shopping with them and so far, so good!

Oh! I got the hubs a Valentine's gift that I am hoping is just right! I know. No wait, I do know that he needs this gift badly. Right now, it has to be under classified information as he reads my blog. Ugh. Go away! Just kidding. :P

I forgot to post photos of my sorority's dinner gathering over the weekend. The house was changing cabinet members and so a few of us decided to join the celebration. Besides, it gives us a chance to meet the new actives of the house. Oh, and eat some sushi, too!


Maddie Update: She weighs 20 pounds. I can't believe she gained 10 pounds in one month. We aren't even over feeding her either. This is a picture that was taken last month. Oh, how small she was then.



1 comment:

Manifestation said...

Thank you for sharing.You hold a good smile indeed.Wish you ,friends n all people around the world a Happy Valentine's Day beforehand.

LOL:)
Gifts to India|Gifts to chennai|Gifts to Bangalore