RSS

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

i'm Back!

Ahh, as strange as it may sound, I'm glad to be back from our long awaited honeymoon-1 year wedding anniversary trip in Hawaii. I missed our dog Maddie terribly. Makes me wonder how I'll be when I do have a child and have to leave them at home. F.

We spent 9 refreshing days shared between the islands of Oahu and Maui; Maui being my most favorite ofcourse.

Our first leg of the trip, we attended a wedding. It was our very first gay wedding to attend to and it was faaaaabulous! Just fabulous. The wedding was held at the beautiful Kahala Hotel & Resort. This was our second wedding we attended at this site and it never ceases to amaze me of how private and beautiful this resort is.

It's one of G's good friends/fraternity brothers at Cal. Beautiful ceremony it was and they ensured that every detail of the wedding was not spared.

Funny though. The groom, which I'll call " The tennis player," chose espresso colored dresses from J.Crew and bought baby blue silk fabric and had pashmina's made for all his gm's. Heh, groomsmaids..... They even had matching shoes!!!




The reception had three different flower arrangements which were just gorgeous white flowers. Oh! and turtles were part of the theme. " Tennis Player" loves turtles, so it was no big surprise that it was incorporated into the wedding somehow.


They also got a cereamic cake topper from the talented, Nicole Clark. Sooo cute, it was. It totally matched them for their ceremony atttire. I couldn't get enough of it.





If every cute detail wasn't enough, they had to come out with a fab disco inspired first dance routine! OMG! I was smiling from ear to ear and so happy to see that " tennis player's" own father was eating it up, too! He absolutely loved it and sure was a proud papa. Click here to view the first dance!

No comments: