RSS

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring Fever

I'm finally receiving beautiful weather on my off days from work. It was so miserable having to work on days when the weather was gorgeous but then having ugly rainy weather on my off days. Made for a gloomy me. 

Our backyard is getting me very excited for the Spring and upcoming Summer. I now understand and can bond even more with my mother when it comes to planting flowers.

Today, I purchased a couple of Spanish Lavender plants and planted them in my new IKEA ceramic pots. A steal of a bargain I tell yah! Only $5.99! Thank you MOM for informing me of this lovely deal. I think I may need to swing by the local IKEA and pick me up some more ceramic pots. 

While planting, I noticed that our corner Cherry Blossom tree is starting to produce some cute flowers. Yay!!! It just these little things that make me smile and just want to enjoy the beautiful day. 

This is my first time to garden and I'm quite nervous that I may really suck at it. But, at the same time, I'm excited to see what I can learn about the plants and see how they turn out during the Spring and Summer months. 


Have you guys gotten into planting recently?

No comments: