RSS

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Someone's Junk is Another Person's Treasure

Yesterday afternoon I made a trip to our local Goodwill in hopes of finding some good treasures. I love shopping at thrift stores. Just love it. Love it even more after reading blogs that give a breath of fresh new life to an old pieces of furniture.I just feel so inspired to do the same exact thing.

On this trip, I was in search of a fruit bowl. I was getting tired of seeing our fruit in its plastic bags sitting on the counter. Plus it was starting to get in the way. I blame it on the hubs for purchasing a 5lb bag of naval oranges. 

So, with an item in mind, I went and came out with this. 



I also snagged a couple of vases for $0.50! This one is sitting on our mantel for the time being. I can't wait to purchase some nice looking succulents to put them in. But, I'm sure that it can function as a bowl to put things in like paperclips/rubberbands on your desk or cotton swabs/cotton balls in your bathroom.




Do you enjoy shopping at thrift stores? What have you purchased that is your absolute favorite?

No comments: