RSS

Friday, March 19, 2010

Insomnia, Sodium Lunches and White Elephants

It's been nearly 3 years since I've been working 12 hour night shifts and yet, I still haven't established a good sleeping pattern. Last night was my "Monday" after being off for 7 days and just like all of my first nights of working, I end up waking up at either 10:00 am or 11:00 am. Weird though because when it's my days off, I can sleep in all day long. Ugh. 

Today, I am taking in a high sodium packed lunch today! Oh yes. It's the good ole' Cup of Noodles pre-packaged soups and some fried up pot stickers that were leftover in the freezer. There's something about finishing the food in our freezer and/or refrigerator that gives me satisfaction. Do you get like that sometimes?

The top of my tupperware looks like this and I just love the mini quote that's on it. If you can't see it, it reads, " I Wish That It is a Good Day Today." Gotta love, it yes? That's what I pray what my nights at work will be. Lately, we've been experiencing sick calls, medical leaves, and family leave which is unfortunately leaving us short handed. It makes for an ugly night, hence the reasoning for my mornings coming home to a cold beer in hand. 

I purchased this cute tupperware at the Japanese Dollar Store in South San Francisco called Daiso. It's not entirely a dollar store, but majority of their products are relatively cheap. I love this store for its quirky Japanese inventions, little cutesy bento boxes, classic tea cups that could easily be gifted for a White Elephant Christmas party. Trust me, you'll be the most admired person there as your gift has the most class. Hah! Yah'll know what I'm talking about right? I can count the amount of times wherein I've received some " WTF" gifts from White Elephant parties.  


Anyways, going into work tonight for night 2/4. I'm nearly there!!! Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday tonight and safe weekend!
 

No comments: