RSS

Thursday, March 5, 2009

The New Wave in Technology.

The BFF and her Kurt Russell/Goldie Hawn of a boyfriend {they've been dating for nearly 13 years!} have been talking about wanting that crazy white device called a Kindle. I last heard of this device on the Oprah Winfrey show to which she raged about it being of her must have items and to which I just turned my nose the other way---was not interested.

Or so I thought.

You see, I can be easily swayed into things once people start talking about it......alot! It gets me all curious and shiz. Don't know why and I hate freakin' hate that aspect about me. That's how I got turned onto the iPhone!

Anyways, found out yesterday a way to satisfy my semi craving of a Kindle. Our wedding photographer, Scott Robert, posted a link on his Facebook {of all places!} about downloading an iPhone application for free to upload Kindle books and be able to read those books on your iPhone. Say What? For Reals? No Shiz.

Uploaded the application asap and bought my first electronic book. Was kinda excited and scared at the same time. Wondered if someone was going to hack into my info via phone and identify theft me.

I purchased a book that I've been wanting to read but didn't want to spend a ton of money on nor did I want to have it collect dust on my bookshelf. You feel me? I got the Tori Spelling autobiography book, sTori Telling. HAH!

So far, I'm loving the book. She's funny and it's such a page turner. But, I love hearing about rich celebrity lives anyways, so I kinda had a instinct that I'd love it. Yeah, I'm intelligent that way. But, I"m not sure if I like holding a device in my hand and just staring a a screen. I miss holding the actualy book in my hand, smelling the pages as I turn them and most of all not worrying if my battery was going to konk out on me while reading it. Oh, I miss having a bookmark in my page to save my place! Muy importante detail, right?

I think my verdict is that I'll use this way to purchase books that I've been wanting to read but don't want to keep. I think. Who know? I may just completely turn onto the idea of this electronic reading and purchase a Kindle someday. Maybe when they work all the kinks out as it just came out....or when they get nice colors...coz you know that's what an electronic does when they've reached their peak, right?

On another note, been wondering about my love dubb Maddie + her sanity when alone. Noticed that she's whines BIG time when the hubby leaves for work or one of us just leaves the room for a bit and she's stuck. Ugh. Wonder if she's the type of dog that would destroy every single item in our house because she's freakin' pissed off. For you dog owners, how old did you start leaving your dog alone roaming in the house?

No comments: