RSS

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

For the Love of Makeup.

I've always wondered what it felt and looked like to get your eyes permanently tattooed. My mamasita has been talking about wanting to do it, but she's so afraid that I don't think she ever will despite her BFF getting her eyebrows done and her hairstylist.


My friend/sorority sister, Autumn Wedding, recently had her eyes and eyebrows permanently tattooed and she documented her experience on her blog. I couldn't believe she took the plunge. Like she said in her blog, when you think of permanent makeup, you think of a fellow Aunt.

So far, I think she looks good. What I admire about it, is that you don't have to worry about any smearing after so many hours. I hate the way I look after a 12 hour night shift @ work.

I don't think I could do it though. I'm too chicken. Heck, when I got my tattoo in college, the employee had to give me a glucose pill because I was getting lightheaded. Pretty, sad, huh? So, I can't imagine getting my eyes tattooed and what pill they would have to give me.

In case you are wondering, I have a quarter sized, colored sunflower of a tattoo on the right side of my lower back, aka tramp stamp. Back in college, I was obsessed with sunflowers. So, it only seemed natural to get one. I don't regret getting a sunflower. I like sunflowers, but not as much as I did back then.

Do you plan on getting permanent makeup?

1 comment:

Kelly said...

what a fabulous blog!!! thanks for the comment and thanks for entering in the giveaway!! good luck my dear!