RSS

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Ain't No Thang But a Chicken Wing.

Huge News. BIG. Ginormous. OMG News.

Sorry, I can't help it. I'm just a person that hypes up stuff like this. I get a little bit too excited.

Background story.
We are huge Thomas Keller fans. We were blessed to eat at his French Laundry restaurants, not once, but twice. Back when the prices were a measly $100 and something? I think, it was. But still, it's relatively cheap compared to the over $200 a person it is now.

Stoked that he opened a casual dining restaurant called, Ad Hoc. The hubs and I have dined there several times so far. We even brought my dad there for his birthday. Unfortunately, my familia doesn't have a greater appreciation for food, especially fresh ingredients. They thought it was just okay to which I scoffed at. Whatevs. To each his own.

Getting to the good part. I swear.

Ad Hoc is highly known for their fried chicken dinners. They normally serve it every other Monday. Unfortunately, the one Monday that we dined there, it wasn't their Fried Chicken night. Slightly disappointed, yes, but we still have hopes of making it out there someday.

But, I may be able to try it sooner than I thought.

Williams Sonoma has partnered up with Thomas Keller and sells his fried chicken kit! Craaaaaaazy, I know. It retails for $14.95 which is way bigger steal of a price compared to his $49 3 course pre-fixe menu. But.... check it out.

there is brining involved, apparently. It takes about 8-12 hours. Perhaps, it's best that we just go to Ad Hoc instead.

No comments: