RSS

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Long Overdue Weekend Roundup.

Little time to blog these days. Been busy with life's necessities.


Celebrated wingwoman's 31st birthday at Udupi Palace in San Francisco. It was Southern Indian food which is a bit different from the Northern Indian food. They don't serve Naan. Instead, they serve Poori which are these puffy breads that are deep fried. It was quite fun deflating them.



But, what was the real show stopper were these ginormous dosa's. Some of them were as long as a midget's limb. I kid you not. It was quite spectacular to see.

Sadly, our experience sucked there. Really sucked.

Mother's Day turned out wonderful. I enjoyed the time spent with mamasita and co. We
brunched at the Culinary Institute of America, Greystone in Napa, Ca. It was the first time for all of us dining there. Got really lucky at opentable since I opted to make reservations only a few days before M-day.

Failed to remember to take a family picture. But, oh! I remembered to take many pictures of the food we ate. Dang, I'm such a loser.

Received my one year wedding anniversary present early. Talk about awesome! Been whining too much about wanting a Garmin 305 Forerunner watch for my training. Used it sometimes while running with a friend and got hooked.

It has a built in GPS via satellite, can track my pace, distance, heart rate, calories burned. The kicker. I can do all sorts of training like intervals.

Experienced the Trekkie life by seeing the movie. I was quite excited to see it, rather than dreading it as I heard so many good reviews about it. They made it to where non trekkie's and trekkie's can enjoy it. It was entertaining to watch. I highly suggest you go out and see it.




Was really surprised to see that G's college friend, John Cho, was in it. He played the character, Sulu. Looks like he's starting to get up there in the roles now which is a good thing.

No comments: