RSS

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Taking Control.

The other day I blogged about how I want to start effectively plan out my meals at home.  Well today is the day! I officially started the planning and I gotta say that I'm pretty darn proud of myself. Again, let's hope that I can stick with this plan. I'm counting on the fact that I can keep myself accountable by blogging my weekly meals here and then discussing them afterwards. 

Since I work night shifts, I only planned the meals on nights when I'm off. Hubby is pretty much on his own on my work nights and I'm not too worried as he can make do on his own. 

I also tried to plan out meals with ingredients we have at home already and need to use and plus I took the advice of HappeyWifey and stuck to ingredients that are sorta close together in order to avoid going way over budget. Capeesh? 

Here's my plan for the week of January 18th-January 24th.


Picture taken from Cooking Light













Picture taken from Cooking Light













Friday: Homemade Pizza
I saw this recipe while perusing the food blogs I read. It was a pizza recipe with Cremini Mushrooms, Wilted Spinach, Butternut Squash and Feta Cheese. The picture is really what sold me, otherwise, if I saw this on paper only, I think I'd pass on it because really...it does sound like a hot mess.


Picture taken from Sugar & Spice by Celeste













Saturday: Celebrating my Mom's Birthday.

Sunday: Turkey Meatloaf with Mashed Potatoes and Veggies
Need I say more? The husband bought a sh*tload of potatoes yesterday and so what better way to use them by making up some whipped potatoes!

So there you have it folks! My meals planned out for the week! I'm super excited about this. I actually had alot of fun planning out the meals.

No comments: