RSS

Thursday, January 14, 2010

New Resolution: Cooking More Often.

Wow, so far this has been 3 posts within a 4 day timespan. Not bad, Stacy... Not Bad. Let's hope that I can keep this up.

Last night, I tried out a new recipe. It was the Beef Stragonoff from the Cooking Light website. In the past, I usually make Beef Stragonoff the easy way which was brown up some steak and throw in a can of Cream of Mushroom, a little bit of water, and let it simmer for a half an hour or so. Any of you guys make it this way?

It was super easy to make and tasted pretty good considering that I didn't add the Dry Sherry and the Fresh Flat Leaf Parlsey (um, why did I just capitalize the first letter of each word? LOL) because I just couldn't find it in my local grocery store.

I did feel pretty good about eating it, too! Made it with whole grain egg noodles and low fat sour cream. It was creaaaaaaaamy all the way! 

I'm pretty sure that this recipe would be good with grilled chicken, too!

This cooking thing has got me thinking. My friend, Bernbaby, subscribes to the Cooking Light magazine and her routine is to choose recipes for the week, go grocery shopping and make a different dish everyday. I really want to try or get somewhat near Bernbaby's routine. It's not only cost effective but more healthier, too! 




Tonight's dinner is Pork Tonkatsu and Japanese Curry. By the way, if you are in the market for a good Japanese Curry, try out the brand,  Kokumaru.  It can be found at your local Asian market or for sure at your local Japanese market.

I'll also probably make a heaping bowl of turkey chili since the weather we've been having has been kinda chilly.

Have you guys started cooking more?



No comments: