RSS

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Hello There. Let me re-introduce myself. It’s been a minute too long since I’ve blogged. I blame myself and my mental laziness. I swear, one of my goals for 2010 is to blog more even if I have absolutely nothing to talk about.

Let’s see. Ahh yes. Christmas. Well, Christmas was nice. No Holiday cards sent out this year, although we did receive a heaping amount of them this year. I really, really, really wanted to send out Holiday cards and a letter update of our 2009 year, but alas, we had no printer ink and so there went that idea.

The hubs and I received a wad of cash from the parents. Needless to say, it’s already gone. Spent it on the house. Got a lovely ledge mantel for our fireplace. I’ve been itching for one all year long and even more in November and December as I wanted to hang our stockings. But, sadly, our stockings were instead hung over our couch and a bit on our front door handle as we didn't get to purchase the mantel until post Christmas. Ahh, maybe next year, yes?


It’s the LACK wall shelf in black-brown from Ikea. It’s a super steal of a price for $29.99 and much much longer in length compared to Pottery Barn’s maximum of 4 feet.

We also purchased a ledger to hold various sizes of framed pictures eventually. Also another steal of a bargain at Ikea for $14.99.



 It's comparable to the Holman Ledge at Pottery Barn but much, much more affordable. {Picture taken from Pottery Barn}


For our entryway, we also purchased a little molding filled with hooks to hang our jackets and for Maddie to hang her leash and harness. It's the LEKSVIK rack with hooks from Ikea. I just had to swoop it up when I saw that it was only $9.99.

they will do perfectly. I like it, the hubs likes it, and  my wallet loves it. 

I have to say that Ikea has definitely stepped it up these past couple of years. They are the FOREVER 21 version of a furniture store and I absolutely love it.

Hope everyone is having a great start of a New Year! Here's to having a great 2010! I can't wait! Bring it on, baby!




No comments: