RSS

Friday, May 7, 2010

TGIF

Happy Friday Everyone! I get to celebrate an "actual" Friday with all of you. Usually, my Fridays are on a Sunday, a Wednesday, a Thursday. Celebrating " Fridays" on an actual Friday is like every 2 weeks or so and it makes me feel kinda normal, like I have a Monday through Friday kind of job. Do you think I said the word Friday enough in this paragraph? 

Today, I woke up around noon which is atypical of me. Darn night shift. I hardly get any sleep because of you. But,  its okay. The sun is shining out and I wanted to take full advantage of it. Ofcourse, what do I do? I stay in and bake cookies. Aren't those saved for rainy days? 

I've been craving the peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies from the recipe adapted from the infamous Magnolia Bakery in NYC. Ever since I made them a few months back, I've been dying to have another one. But, I resisted for some time as they literally are like crack. No lie. I brought them into work when I first made them and every single person was eating like 4-5 cookies each. Add that up and that's all whole meal already! 

While my picture doesn't do the cookies justice, Smitten Kitchen's picture sure will.  



 

I bought my mamasita a mother's day gift. I figure, since she always goes on walks, why not purchase her a little shuffle? I know that she's not one to be tech savvy, but hey, I want to introduce her to future.  I wanted to get her the green or white one, but my local Target didn't have it in those colors. So, she's stuck with a plain silver one. I'm so hoping that she uses it. I think she'd really enjoy it. What did you get your mom for Mother's Day?

Well, I hope everyone has a great weekend! I can't wait for tonight as we are going to grub on some Thai food tonight!


 














 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your cookies look delicious! Guess I'll have to try that recipe :-D