RSS

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

Two years today I married the other half of my heart.


 In celebration of our 2 years, we ventured off to the California coast for some rest and relaxation. We stayed in the charming town of Los Gatos which is about 15 minutes away from the coast of Santa Cruz-Capitola area.  


We were so smitten by the town. From the lively small town feeling in the downtown area to the oh-so charming yet modern homes surrounding the area made me want to say, " I'd like to live here one day." Yeah, I loved it that much. 


We found a Japanese restaurant called Hachi Ju Hachi in Saratoga which is a couple of towns next to Los Gatos. After reading the many high reviews on Yelp, I knew it would be place the husband would love to try since he's such a Japanese enthusiast.  

It truly was an authentic Japanese restaurant. No mayo based sushi rolls at this place. Our favorite dish was the yellowtail. It screamed freshness from the very first bite! 

We also relaxed at the beach in Capitola, dined at a very dog friendly restaurant (psst, they even had a doggy menu!), and ended it with watching the 4 hour finale of LOST. Yes, we are the romantics. 

Oh, can't forget what the hubby bought. Since, the second year is the "cotton" year, he bought me some flannel pj's from a cute company called,  
" The Cat's Pajama's.  

Surprised that I've never seen/heard of these pj's. They have the cutest prints!  From cupcakes, hearts, to sushi!
 
Since I'm in love with our dog, Maddie, he bought me the snow dog pj prints. hahahah, gotta laugh!


 







1 comment:

Kate said...

Happy anniversary to YOU! Your trip sounds lovely :-)