RSS

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A True Chic Flick.

Was excited for this weekend. Had lots of activities planned and one of them was to see the movie, A Time Traveler's Wife.


Caught the first show, which I found out is the early bird matinee. The ticket was only $5.50! Saw it with my EG girls, bernbaby and ceearn.

A few years ago, I read the book and looooved it. I do have to admit that it was definitely a slow start for me. A few others agree that it was the same feeling for them, too!

It took me awhile to fully understand what the book was all about because of the transitions. But once I got into it, there was no turning back. I couldn't put the book down. I was intrigued with Claire and Henry's love story.

Watching the movie was a bit like seeing the story for the first time. I tend to be a dumper of a mind. In other words, I read it, comprehend it at the time, and then a month or so later, dump the information.

So, when people ask me if the movie followed the book well, I really couldn't answer them immediately. I had to read bits and parts of the book, including the ending, to give them a satisfactory answer post movie.

The answer is yes, the book pretty much followed the book well, but when Claire was a full grown adult. In the book, it focuses on Claire and Henry's relationship in the meadow when she was young. How they came to get to know one another.

Regardless, I enjoyed watching it. I also had a bit of delay getting into the movie just like the book, but eventually was hooked into the plot.

Bring tissue girls, because this movie will most definitely make you cry.

No comments: