RSS

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Weekend Shenenigans

I live for the weekends. I think part of it has to do with me working every 3rd weekend of the month and usually when its my weekend on at work, something exceptionally fun is going on and I can't participate in the festivities. Boo. 

This past weekend, it was bitter sweet. 

Sweet.
Celebrated my BFF's 36th birthday by having a decadent soul food lunch at Sandra Dee's BBQ and then later on trekking down to Berkeley to just literally "hang." 

It's a good thing that we changed to jeans and a sweater because it was freakin' cold in Berkeley. The weather forecasters are not joking that the bay area is not receiving a good summer this year. It looks and feels like winter. What? 

 We perused one of our favorite stores, Anthropologie while we were down in Berkeley. Love, Love, their clothes, accessories, and shoes there. Why do they have to be so darn expensive?!? I'm waiting for these sunglasses to go on sale. Yeah, I know, they are only $24.00, but I refuse to pay full price at this store. 

In the evening, we dined at Cafe Rouge and noshed on Hog Island Sweetwater Oysters and minty mojito's. 


Love me some oysters. I'm hoping to make a trip to the Hog Island Oyster farm soon and bbq them there.




The Bitter {sweet}.
The next day, the family and I headed down to SF to visit my lovely grandma that passed away three years ago. It still feels like yesterday when we lost her and the pain is still there of missing her.  I'm so glad that she stayed with my mom the last three years of her life. Its because of that, I was able to grow even more close to her and spend good quality time with her. I miss you grandma and always will.



No comments: