RSS

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Summer Concerts.

Last month, I had the giddy excitement to attend the Rihanna + Ke$ha concert. When I accepted the invitation from a friend to go, I soley accepted it on the likes of Ke$ha. I'm a so-so fan when it comes to Rihanna. I blame the radio for overkilling her songs. Can I say, " ella, ella, ella, eh?" 

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuut, on the night of the concert, my feelings were the exact opposite. Ke$ha sucked. She sang songs that I hardly recognized. Dinosaurs? What? Oh, but Rihanna, she rocked it. I didn't realize how many hit songs she had and was happily dancing in the aisles with my friends to all of her ballads. 

Before the concert, we noshed at one of my favorite happy hour restaurants in midtown, Lucca's. I couldn't pass up their cucumber mojito. It screamed summer, hanging with your girls, and refreshing all in one!

Then, we noshed on prawn pasta in lobster sauces, grilled artichokes and fresh soup and giggled the night away. Our server was so kind as he made sure that we got out of the restaurant in time to make it to the concert with reasonable time. 

 I love these girls. They are my besties at work and always have a great time when out. No drama. That's how I roll. That's how we roll. 

Rihanna wore the most obscure outfits. Looks like she favored bodysuits, or what I like to call them, "onesies."
After the concert, all of us were on a Rihanna hight. Like, literally. We came out singing all of her songs and even listened on the way home her new song with Eminem. 


                                                                          It was a great night.

No comments: