RSS

Monday, November 10, 2008

Weekend Update

Had a semi-productive weekend. Feels as though this entire month is going to go by in a flash. I know it, especially with the Christmas commercials already beginning their air time. What's up with that?

Been thinking about Thanksgiving this year. We are hosting it at our home and I'm slightly freaked out by it. To have the entire meal rest on our shoulders, scares me. I've never before baked a turkey. I've roasted a chicken before, but shoot, not a big ass frozen turkey. Ugh. Thank goodness for the cookbook, Bride and Groom. It's quite helpful. Tells us what one should do weeks to days before the big event.

Made some big purchases, too! We purchased our headboard at West Elm. Yay! Chose to go with a pattern as oppose to a simple big hunk of wood for aesthetic purposes.

Unfortunately, our porter desk is still on back order with Pottery Barn. F. I was really looking forward to receiving it. Thought about switching our order to the color white, but the hubs helped me stay on track and to sit tight to get the color we really want. Go hubs!

We also purchased the Klippan 4 seater sofa along with two Tullsta chairs for our upstairs loft that I'm pretty sure are made for very, very, small people. Went with the color, natural for both items.

I'm having the hardest time decorating this room for some reason. I think I just have so many ideas running through my mind that I can't seem to narrow it down. What I know for sure is that I didn't want to go with traditional in this room, but a contemporary look. This room certainly needs alot of work to be done... with alot of color! But, for now, we just wanted some furniture for our Thanksgiving affair so that people can sit down and relax.

No comments: