RSS

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

So Glad to be Home.

It's been a whirl of a weekend. I'm so happy to be back in the comforts of my own home and bed for that matter.

Let's start how my weekend went shall we?

The hubs and I went to Las Vegas so that I could partake in my 2nd Half Marathon of the year. I don't know what I was thinking to schedule two half marathons one month apart. Who does that? Oh that's right. Me. Ofcourse.

You can read about my race here.

When we returned, we made a quick stop home because over the weekend, we received a phone call that our house alarm inadvertently sounded off. It's pretty frustrating to be hundreds of miles away and receive a phone call from the alarm people and tell us that they aren't quite sure why the alarm went off. Why the hell are we paying you then? Morons.

The hubs graciously asked if they can have the police swing by to make sure everything is okay and fortunately, everything was okay. The house is secure! But, we just wanted to see for ourselves before we headed off to my parents house to pick up Maddie.

Thankfully, our front door was locked and nothing was taken away. Phew!

We were so excited to see Maddie. I always miss her whenever I leave out of town. She's starting to get along better with my parents little dog, Jordan. Err, I mean, Jordan is starting to "tolerate" Maddie more. I don't blame him. She's like a gazillion times bigger than him.

I haven't even begun decorating our house for the holidays. So far, I have a snowman rug outside and a Christmas runner on our table. Just purchased a fresh wreath at Trader Joe's for $11.99 and wondered if I should have splurged a few dollars and got the eucalyptus one instead.

Hopefully, we can get our tree this weekend. My parents are going to give us their 9ft fake tree that they hardly use as we were telling them that we want to invest in a fake tree. Hey, I'll take it. It's beats fighting the crowd post Christmas and hello, it's FREE!!!!

How are the Holiday decorations coming along in your household? Are you like me and have like a handful of items up or are you already way ahead of me and have a slew of stuff hanging all over your house?

No comments: