RSS

Thursday, September 3, 2009

A Challenge for Me.

I think I've reached a time in my life where I need some challenges thrown my way. Funny. 10 years ago, I had a hurdle of challenges and unknowns in my life. I just graduated from college and had no clue where I was going to venture off. It was my bad for being a slacker majority of my college years. Why is that I always seem to find myself doing superbly well at the tail end of my school years? Didn't I learn my lesson the first time, ahem highschool?

My first job out of college was at E*Trade as a Customer Service Associate. I stayed with the company for 2 years. I was absolutely miserable at that job. It was a complete opposite angle for me. Finance, really? I hadn't taken a single business class in college and I was in the financial world? What the heck was I thinking? Ahh yes, I was motivated by being on my own, financially, and to experience the world of "the real world."

Finally, I said, I'm quitting. Peace Out.

Moved back in with the parentals. Took a temporary job with the county. Went back to school. But, the question was, for what? Master's? Another bachelor's? What? What?

Its obvious that I ended up getting a degree in Respiratory Care and ultimately became a Registered Respiratory Therapist. After completing the last exam of my boards just recently. I lagged big time on taking it. But hey, I passed!

Now, I'm finding myself just bored. I know I need something to challenge myself and my mind. It's starting to eat at me. So, now, I'm reconsidering getting a Masters in Public Health and getting my Asthma Educator Credential, or just taking up a course at the local community college. The latter seems just the easier thing to do, considering the costs involved. But? I don't know. I just have this " but? wondering".

Do you often find yourself bored and in need of some sort of challenge?

No comments: