RSS

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Happy 2011.

Happy New Year! 2011, I welcome you with open arms and hope for the best! The husband and I had a low key HNY. We initially had dinner reservations at a local restaurant, but decided to cancel, stay home, and make a home cooked meal of turkey burgers, oven baked fries, and apple pie from Apple Hill, CA. All the while, watching Dick Clark's countdown.

I think it was the best decision ever! 

This year, I started something new. Bikram Hot Yoga. There was a great deal at Living Social.com for a month long of hot yoga for $25. I just couldn't pass it up.  Went to my first class a couple of weeks ago and have been loving it every since. 

First class was kinda gruesome though. I ended up puking my brains out after class outside the studio. Second time, I was nervous about having the same experience, but thankfully, I didn't and it ended up being a terrific experience. Third time, absolutely fell in love. I love how it relaxes me, keeps me balanced, challenges me,  and lets me sweat out all the toxins away.

Right now, the most challenging pose is the camel pose. It feels so unnatural to bend backwards, not to mention scary. But eventually, I know that I can do it. When that day comes, I am celebrating! 





No comments: